The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency have abounded that certain vehicles and trailers with an MOT due in September 2020 will be granted exemptions.
|Not previously had an exemption and not eligible for a 12-month exemption (see above)||December 2020|
Mandatory tests will be required for vehicles and trailers which do not qualify for a longer exemption. These are:
- Vehicles given a 3-month exemption in March 2020
- Vehicles given a 3-month exemption in June 2020
Th eDriver and Vehicle Licensing Agency also continue to remind ATFs about the vehicle/trailer tests they should prioritise. The highest priority are those which legally need a test.
- Vehicles/trailers legally due a test within a month
- Vehicles/trailers going on international journeys
- Dangerous goods vehicles
- Specialist vehicle types (e.g. refuse vehicles, gritters)
- Prohibition clearances
For more information or to discuss any aspect of your commercial vehicle insurance contact us directly or visit us here.