thatched property insuranceWe offer home insurance for thatched properties in the UK. Cover is available for both permanent, temporary and holiday properties.


  • Property with reed or straw roofing
  • Let property cover available
  • Holiday home and holiday rental cover available

What is the cover under the the thatched property insurance policy?

The cover under the thatched home insurance policy is consistent with the cover avaiable under a standard home insurance policy with a wide range of cover provided as standard pus the ability to tailor the cover to meet you own requirements.

How much does thatched home insurance cost?

The price you pay for home insurance on a thatched property will generally be higher than for a standard home insurance policy reflecting the increased exposure of the property to fire and storm claims. This is not to say that there are not competitive deals in the market and the cost of thatched property insurance has fallen in recent years.

The cost of your insurance will depend upon a few key risk factors such as where your property is located whether you have previously had any claims and the sums insured that you require under the policy.

How can I buy thatched property insurance?

ou can apply on-line or you can call us direct on 0161 300 2930 to speak directly to one of our specialist home insurance brokers to discuss your requirements for thatched property insurance.

0161 300 2930 Blackfriars Group